Monday, June 18, 2007

7 1/2 behaviors comments

The very first one -- begin with the end in mind is very relevant in my life. I am a planner and believe strongly in setting goals, and this is one of my favorite sayings, "plan your work, and work your plan." So this will be one of the easiest steps for me.

The most difficult will be number 3 - view problems as challenges. When I look back over my life and the problems and challenges I've had, I agree with this concept wholeheartedly. But when going through a problem, sometimes it's hard to look at it as a challenge and be excited about overcoming it. I'd be a much happier person if I could do that more often. :)

1 comment:

JimD said...

I admire your ability to plan - something I will struggle with all my life. And I agree with you in the problems-as-challenges concept. I have to do a little "woe is me!" time whenever I hit a roadblock before I can kick in with a strategy to get past it. I admire people (most of whom are really good public service managers) who take big setbacks in a matter of fact way and just move through it.